Things that inspire me.


 






I thought I would write down a few things that inspire me as an artist.


 


I love “the sculptor’s funeral” podcast by Jason Arkels. He has become an online friend of mine, and he is a fantastic storyteller as well as historian and Sculptor. Look it up, it is free and worth every penny! I listen to it often while I sculpt and it has brought me insights and skill sets I hadn’t know about before. I’ll probably devote an entire blog sometime to what I have learned from Jason’s podcasts. http://www.thesculptorsfuneral.com/

I love insights form those I call mentors, especially the ones I don’t initially agree with or even understand. (Of course a story for another post).  This happens a lot with my good friend and fabulous sculptor Scot Rogers it’s fun and challenging each time I am with Scott he motivates me to stretch and improve my skills and vision of sculpture.
I love the infinite variety of the human form and especially faces. I have always been a people watcher, and I can’t help but try to imagine what other people’s lives are like. Perhaps that is why I enjoy acting so much.
I love to take long rides to nowhere towns, and down back roads. Always looking to see a new view or what is over the next hill or around the next bend.
Little vignettes of beauty like a raindrop on a leaf, or like last night, when I listened to the distinct sound of raindrops on our wood shingle roof. They played like someone‘s muted tapping on random xylophone keys.
My family and especially my Wife Mary.

Comments