Ever have one of those days?

Well yesterday was not one. I met a collector (K.)and delivered my best piece to date. The first bronze in an edition of 12 of  'In Joseph's care'.




K. had ordered the sculpture back in November of last year and I was finally able to meet her at the Prince Gallery in Logan yesterday to deliver the finished bronze.  The process was long because it was to be an enlargement of a small maquette that I had made for the galleries nativity show last year. I ended up creating an enlarging machine from scratch, and learning a process that was going on back in the renaissance. After the enlarging was done, I worked and reworked the piece for months in order to realize the anatomy , drapery and feel that I had intended for the piece. The patina was also very custom and truly brings this piece to life.
My new friend K. was delighted and we spent more than an hour discussing the piece and getting to know each other. I eventually found out that she is a distant cousin of my wife, Does that make me a cliche, an artist who sells to family? Family or not, it was the beginning of a great friendship, and a day I will cherish. Thanks K, and Thanks to Frank Prince and his gallery for promoting my work so well that a small sketch became this beautiful piece.


Here is a pic of the original maquette. and one of the reworked maquette after I had done the enlargement. The maquettes are 7" tall, and the finished bronze with the base is 20" tall.

The bronze 20" piece is an edition of 12. also available in an open edition in white bonded marble.
The maquettes are available in a limited edition of 50 bronze, and open editions in bonded marble, cast stone, and faux bronze.



Comments